Saturday 29 January 2011

what is a tricky self portrait?

I found this unposted post from april 2009. wow I really have been thinking about this for quite some time. a little changed, but not so far from where I am now, perhaps I would not write it like this today, but I sure recognize it, and me in it. scary. I always think that I change a lot


How sure are we that we look the way we think we do? How original, how authentic can we really be?. How do we know that when we talk about ourselves we are not in fact talking about some one else we have unconsciously copied? The "I" concept is quite an object of discussion, and yet I hold on to it and pretend to create a self portrait. Is it really possible? I can recognize tons of influences in my life, and perhaps not one thought purely mine, so I decided that the best way to talk about myself is through other voices. I mean to cynically copy/paste ideas, some roughly, some mixed, some camouflaged. Some even unconsciously copied, and through that procedure, to create a tricky self portrait, that is nothing more than an attempt of a self representation through conscious or unconscious piracy
man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment